Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The beauty of a mild winter

     So today just happens to be Groundhog day and for those that believe in it, he did not see his shadow which means an early spring.  Ironically this has been perhaps the mildest winter we have had in decades here in Vermont and so this is just icing on the cake!
                  

      I know that for those who love winter sports and of course for our ski industry it is not such welcome news.  But for many of us, it is reason to rejoice.  Winter brings with it the much more frequent possibilities of falling and as I am getting older I find that more and more terrifying.  I really dread anytime I venture out after a storm or freezing rain. The prospect of having to go out and contend with frozen, snow covered and/or uneven steps and surfaces is very stressful.
     I have found that using detachable treads on my boots like Yaktrax and keeping a set in my car is very helpful and relieves some of the fear.  I also plan ahead so that if a storm is coming I like to get my errands done and then if need be I can hunker down at home.
     I also can work remotely when absolutely necessary so I often bring home work in the winter so I am prepared for the potential of not being able to get into the office.  It just makes no sense to endanger your life when work can be done from your desk at home!
     This mild winter has also meant that I can get to my pool for swimming more often than in past harsh winters.  I head up to a ski resort to use their indoor sports facility and pool and so clear roads is critical for me!
     I also find that I am much more likely to spend time outdoors, walking or enjoying some time in the sunshine if the temperature is not in the single digits.  And so far we have had lots of those opportunities this winter.  
     Of course despite the mild weather one of my favorite pastimes in the winter is to curl up by the fireplace with a good book.  No matter the weather outside this remains a wonderful way to spend a winter day.
     It is so nice to even see some signs of new life peeking through the winter ground.  Even if it only lasts a few days it brings a smile to my face and some color to our landscape.
     So I am going to relish this lovely winter and look forward to an early spring - at least according to Punxsutawney Phil.


Nan



4 comments:

DreamNT said...

Nice article thank you for sharing valuable information.










บาคาร่าออนไลน์

randysucc said...

Buy Suboxone Online. Suboxone pills are becoming more and more popular thanks to its health benefits. Not only is it a great treatment to opiod addiction, the pill is a perfect one for those who want to stay away from addiction. Suboxone provides versatility in the way it helps patients. Note that, Suboxone is the brand name for a prescription medication used in treating those addicted to opioids, illegal or prescription. It contains the ingredients buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine, a partial opioid agonist, blocks the opiate receptors and reduces a person’s urges. Our medication shop is the place to shop for all kinds of medication needs including : Anxiety and Depression Pills, Pain Relievers, Sleeping aid pills and also some Research chemicals. Check out all our available pills on our online shop.
Buy suboxone online
Suboxone pills
Buy suboxone online
Suboxone pills
dank vapes
dank woods

https://greenlandspharmacy.com/
https://topvapesstore.com

Unknown said...

Hello, yeah this post is actually pleasant and I have learned lot of things
from it regarding blogging. thanks.
real money



lindapaul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.